Countryside Stewardship (CS) is aimed at providing financial incentives for farmers, woodland owners, foresters and land managers to look after and improve the environment. It re-opened to applications on Tuesday 8th February 2022.
In light of the significant period of change the industry is undergoing, applications for the scheme are expected to rise sharply for this round of the programme.
Applications for Countryside Stewardship are open for:
Protection and Infrastructure
Woodland support grants
The aim of the scheme is to look after and improve the environment by:
- conserving and restoring wildlife habitats
- flood risk management
- woodland creation and management
- reducing widespread water pollution from agriculture
- keeping the character of the countryside
- preserving historical features in the landscape
- encouraging educational access
The scheme is:
- open to all eligible farmers, woodland owners, foresters and other land managers
- suitable for many types of land use, for example conventional and organic farmland, coastal areas, uplands and woodlands
- scored against local priority targets for the competitive elements of the scheme, to maximise environmental benefit
For further guidance visit www.gov.uk and search Countryside Stewardship or contact The Farming Life Centre for additional support.