If you are feeling low or struggling to cope, the following websites have information and contact details that may be of help:
- Derby and Derbyshire emotional health and wellbeing website – bringing together information from across different health and care providers in the city of Derby and the county of Derbyshire
- You Are Not Alone (YANA) – 0300 323 0400
- Derbyshire County Council website – this site has lots of information about mental health and wellbeing
- NHS Derby and Derbyshire CCG website – lists all the NHS approved IAPT talking therapies providers, which you contact directly to request an appointment
- Staying safe website – if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts, this site has lots of information to help you get through
- Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust website – Derbyshire Healthcare is one of the partners providing the helpline service, and it also provides a range of secondary mental health services. The webpage you are on now is housed on the Derbyshire Healthcare site. Other pages and resources on this site:
Still Waters Counselling – Counselling for rural communities
Still Waters Counselling offers counselling to clients, particularly those living in the rural and farming communities, supporting people suffering with a range of mental health issues from anxiety to feeling suicidal and all the different feelings and concerns in between. Counsellor, Marie Brockley lives in a rural area seven miles out of Leek and knows how hard it can be for people to approach services, particularly around mental health. As a farmer’s daughter, she is all too aware that the farming community can be very private and, in some instances feel things should not be talked about or discussed. I want people to know I understand this, I know what rural living can be like, both the positive and negative aspects of it and how having somebody to talk to can be invaluable. Call Marie on Tel. 07861 676751.
Live Life Better
Free help to live life better is available from Live Life Better Derbyshire. Whether you want to lose weight, quit smoking or feel fitter this charity is here to advise and help you reach your goals!
Older motorists have a wealth of driving experience and driving offers freedom and independence, but as we get older our health and fitness, including eyesight and reaction times begin to decline.
Derbyshire County Council is offering free ‘driving safer for longer’ information sessions to Derbyshire residents aged 65 years and older. Click here to find out more.
The Farming Community Network
The FCN is a voluntary organisation & charity that supports farmers and families within the farming community. Whether the issue is personal or business-related, FCN is here for you. The charity runs a confidential, national helpline and e-helpline which is open every day of the year from 7am to 11pm and our volunteers provide free, confidential, pastoral and practical support to anyone who seeks help.
Visit the FCN website here or call the helpline: 03000 111 999.
The Derbyshire Rural Chaplaincy
The Derbyshire Rural Chaplaincy help farming families through difficult situations such as animal disease, family problems, mental ill-health and the demands of farming processes. The charity assists in various ways from a one-off phone call to on-going pastoral care. Sometimes the Chaplains are able to direct people to other organisations that may be able to offer funding or more practical support. Support is also available to the wider rural community who often have connections to farming and/or food production.
The Rural Agricultural Benevolent Society
The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution – RABI – are a national charity that provides local support to the farming community across England and Wales. Confidential support is available to those who currently work within agriculture and also to those who are no longer able to work due to ill-health, accident or age. Support is tailored to each applicant and initial advice can be accessed via the RABI freephone helpline 0800 188 4444 or through referral. Visit the RABI website here.